Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First Do No Harm



Attribution unknown


I've slept badly (not that I ever sleep all that great) with thoughts of Mom's impending surgery but even more than that, with thoughts of things that have gone on in the past year with a friend that I'd fallen out of touch with. Her privacy was violated in just unbelievable ways by someone who was supposed to be helping her.  As my husband has observed more than once in the past year, the term "mental healthcare" appears to be something of an oxymoron, perhaps better replaced in this instance with the term "mental health violation". Anyway, as soon as I'm done reading "The Hippocratic Myth", I want to renew the discussion on healthcare, with particular focus on mental healthcare.




© Bright Nepenthe, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment